Name: Green-Wood Cemetery
Address: 500 25th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11232
Date: Founded in 1838
NYC Boroughs/Neighborhoods: Greenwood
Saturday, May 20th / Green-Wood Cemetery
500 25th St, Brooklyn
1:00 – 3:00 pm
Green-Wood Cemetery, established 1838, is a National Historic Landmark and “permanent residence” of America’s two most notable stained glass practitioners, John LaFarge (1835 – 1910) and Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848 – 1933). See their memorials and also visit beautiful examples of 19th-century stained glass in Green-Wood’s chapel and many mausoleums. A special pre-booked tour will be led by Green-Wood’s Manager of Restoration and Preservation. Special feature: Stained glass windows by artist Jessie Van Brunt (1863-1947), who was a student of La Farge’s and is interred at the cemetery. The windows were rescued by Green-Wood from Brooklyn’s Church of the Redeemer, which was demolished in 2015.
Space is limited and advance registration is suggested.